Sunday, August 29, 2010

First time being an entrepreneur? Part 1

Selling wonton noodles? Yes, that's what I am doing now. After resigned from broker company I went to Tarakan, East Borneo where my parents live now. What for? Just to start realizing my very dream, being an entrepreneur, though I have no idea what exactly being one.

The first time I set my eyes becoming an entrepreneur was when my lecturer at college told me to read Robert T. Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad. It was an awesome book though, but I still struggling to comprehend concept. Because, however, it was written using American cultural style. And then my father offered me to sell product from his company. At least he intended to let me experience selling goods using my own discretion.

Next step, I start to put an advertisement on daily newspaper which displayed for a month. Well, with limited budget given and lacking experience that's the only idea came out from my mind, aside from telling to my friends and colleagues about business I ran. I sell boneless milkfish branded Chanoz vacuum-pressed in plastic packaging, luxurious, pretty expensive, and durable. I intended to sell it on a middle up market, ever since the production cost was pretty high.

The advertisement was pretty effective, I had several orders from certain range market, from middle to up but mostly from middle economic class. Funny things happened too, when I have to deliver goods to my customers I had to sneak out from class quietly lol. It was pretty nice selling the goods, I had few regular customers too. And the fish stock shipped twice by my father sent to me.

I planned to open a small restaurant too just like my father did at Tarakan. But then the plan was canceled although it's already set in motion because I barely can focus to my college, family problems and my girlfriend on that time made me hardly can focus on everything. Thanks to those problems too I had to cease my business after two months work on direct selling. All plans canceled including offer to several supermarket and hotels to sell the fishes. Among those all, one most important thing that I wasn't mentally good enough to run the business. One major problem that I'm struggling to change until this very moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment